In just a couple of days, Maggie — who you may be familiar with in a lot of previous episodes — and I are heading out to Aruba for our second trip this year and we are ready to go beach hopping and have some fun in the sun!
This will be the first part of what I’d like to call our Summer 2017 Getaway trilogy. We’ll be doing an episode before the trip which is this one, another episode during our trip, and then the finale, after the trip, as a post-vacation wrap-up.
The last time we went to Aruba was on March earlier this year, and now we are going back to the One Happy Island this summer just in time for the Fourth of July, in celebration of America’s 241st Independence Day. This is our first time joining in the festivities while on the island and we’re excited to see the fireworks display from Palm Beach. We’ll make sure to have a toast for all of you listeners too.
We also talk about the things that we’re looking forward to the most in this trip which include soaking up the sun in Aruba’s beautiful beaches as usual, dressing up in red and white to celebrate Canada Day with friends on the 1st of July, gearing ourselves up for a night of laughter in Aruba Ray’s Comedy show (EP87 went more in detail with this), having our curiosity piqued with Guy “Master of the Mind” Bavli’s mind-bending performance, and of course, getting out tummies filled with delicious food. We list out a bunch of restaurants that we’re planning to check out — from pubs to traditional restaurants to the most recommended places by our listeners to the best pizzerias in the island to Italian ristorantes. So many places, so few nights!
Maggie and I can’t wait to see what the island has in store for us this time! We have no doubt that it will be a blast.
On this episode of One Happy Podcast, you will:
- Know our favorite beaches to spend time in and admire the aesthetics of.
- Get a list of restaurants that we want to check out, which YOU might want to check out too.
- Find out more about the Canada Day celebration at Alfie’s and how I plan on being Canadian for a day.
- Hear about our experience in car rental, recommended companies, and some useful tips.
- Learn about a new speed boat excursion coming to the island of Aruba
- Legends Pub
- Quinta del Carmen
- Barefoot Restaurant
- Flying Fishbone Restaurant
- Local Store
- Pizza Bob’s Restaurant & Pub
- Casa Tua Pizzeria
- Amore Mio Pizzeria
- Yemanja Woodfire Grill
- Gasparito Restaurant
- Twist of Flavors Restaurant
- Azzurro Ristorante Italiano
- Sole Mare Ristorante