Meet the most tenured Aruba vacationer I’ve had the pleasure of speaking with: Ginny O. has been in love with Aruba for a grand total of 45 years. Whether she’s 5 years old and first experiencing the beauty of the island with her childlike wonder or at almost 50 and married with children — Ginny is still brimming with excitement every time she visits the happy little island of Aruba.
Ginny considers the island so ingrained with who she is, that it’s practically a part of her being. She inherited her deep connection with the One Happy Island from her parents who were long-time Aruba lovers. Now as a parent herself, she wishes to pass that love on to her own children for the good ol’ family tradition. She takes us down her childhood memory lane of what she dubbed as her ‘fantasy island’, from having the freedom to wander the breathtaking beaches, meeting and interacting with the Aruban people, to just simply taking in the warmth of the breeze and the wonderful feeling of being in paradise on Earth. An unbreakable bond was forged between Ginny and the island over the years, and thus a dream to share these memories with her family in the future was born.
Now, that dream is a reality with Ginny traveling to Aruba again with her husband and three kids, who now all share the same love she has for Aruba. Her precious old memories are being joined with new memories — like her family swimming and snorkeling together, venturing into various restaurants, and other exciting things.
If you’re an Aruban veteran like Ginny, come and join us while we revisit four and a half decades’ worth of golden memories and personal experiences in Aruba. From recalling tales of the popular limbo dance performance shows to reminiscing about places and landmarks that don’t exist anymore like the old open airport or the Westin clock tower – stories that you would surely relate to. That doesn’t mean Aruba newbies won’t enjoy this episode of One Happy Podcast. Ginny’s worthwhile stories and adventures with her family in Aruba will inspire you to take your family as well to this paradise. Or maybe you are someone who has not visited Aruba yet but are eagerly planning to, this is a great opportunity to learn some valuable insights and tips from a seasoned Aruban traveler to get the most out of your trip.
On this episode of One Happy Podcast, you will:
- On this episode of One Happy Podcast, you will
- Hear about the old open airport that everyone who visited Aruba long ago misses
- Learn the significance of the old Westin clock from one of the kids who grew up on the island
- Discover trendy places in Aruba to visit for the younger crowd who wishes to experience the party life on the island
- Know some of Ginny’s favorite places in Aruba to snorkel
- Find out what it’s like to step on a sea urchin and how to be wary of it
- Learn about Vincent who was a well known local limbo dancer from 70s and 80s and Ginny’s search for him in the present
- Include some restaurants and properties you probably never knew existed into your to-go places list in Aruba
- Gather an idea for the best days to plan your Aruba trip for efficiency and cost-effectiveness
- Know some of the best tours you can go to get the full Aruban experience in a way that is fun and fresh
Properties and Services mentioned this episode:
- Aruba Riu
- La Cabana
- Divi Properties
- The Concord
- The Westin
- The Renaissance Aruba
Restaurants and Excursions mentioned this episode:
- Salt and Pepper
- Club Visage
- Tattoo Party Boat
- The Paddock
- Sole Mar
- Passions on the Beach
Links and Resources Mentioned in this episode of the show:
- One Happy Podcast Facebook Page
- One Happy Podcast Instagram
- One Happy Podcast Twitter