Joining us on this episode of One Happy Podcast are Debbie and Hank Ecker — longtime Aruba lovers who have been visiting the island for almost 8 years — to share their Aruba story. I had the pleasure of meeting Hank down on the island so we got connected and here we are.
Debbie and Hank are from Pittsburgh, my hometown, so that makes our connection special. But what’s even more special is how we talk about the couple’s love for Aruba, their favorite place (mine too!)
Debbie and Hank first visited Aruba when it was recommended to them by a travel agent. They wanted to try a new island after visiting so many other islands in the Caribbean and various places. When they got to try the wonders of One Happy Island, they’ve never stopped returning year after year.
Debbie and Hank are experts when it comes to trying out different hotels in Aruba. They’ve tried all sorts of places to stay, including both the high-rise and low-rise areas. So they’re also here to give a different perspective compared to tourists who have only stayed in one or two places.
We discuss their favorite restaurants in the island, specifics of Playa Linda, and favorite activities or excursions to do on the island.
It’s going to be a fun ride with Debbie and Hank, so hop on in!
ON THIS EPISODE OF ONE HAPPY PODCAST, YOU WILL:
– Learn what Debbie and Hank think about the differences between high-rise and low-rise hotels
– Find out the difference between a palapa and a “chickee”
– Discover a “hidden gem” of a restaurant in Aruba and why Debbie and Hank loves it so much
– Hear how Debbie and Hank almost never pay for flights to Aruba using their credit card system
– Discover a unique brand of swimsuits for women that hasn’t made its way to the States yet
– Find out what a Tahiti raft is
HOTELS, ESTABLISHMENTS, RESTAURANTS, AND BRANDS MENTIONED: