This episode of One Happy Podcast the Officially Unofficial Podcast of the island of Aruba is going to be a bit different from the norm. Today Maggie and I are beginning part 1 of a multi-episode series about Planning a vacation to Aruba. More specifically on this introductory episode we discuss what goes into planning when to visit the island, how we book our tickets and deciding on where to stay.
It’s kind of funny because when we plan the discussion goes so streamlined that you don’t realize what all goes into these decisions. I guess once you graduate to Aruba regular status you have a pretty good routine down. Even so I think it’s interesting to hear how others arrive at their decisions. Today we are deciding on the timing of the trip, which is probably the single most important piece of the puzzle. We are also discussing how we decide on an airline, which is a large part of the expense. Lastly, we discuss how we choose where to stay on a visit to Aruba. These are all very important factors that need to be carefully considered when booking a vacation.
In future episodes of this series we will be discussing:
- The comparison between Resort, All-inclusive and Private Rentals
- Which area is best for your High rise, Low rise or Other
- How we found and booked our first (and subsequent) private rental
- What to pack for Aruba and what to pick up when you arrive
- and whatever else we can cram in there… so stay tuned.
On this episode of One Happy Podcast you will hear about:
- How to work and family schedules can impact when you visit Aruba
- How even with Aruba lying below the hurricane belt a major storm can still affect your vacation
- Why you should always have an ideal airfare price in mind
- An overlooked reason why you might need to purchase a timeshare
- Why early-bird dining may be something you want to look into
- Our reasons for going with a private rental but why we may choose a resort sometime in the near future.
- High Season or Low Season which one is for me?
An outline of episode 52:
- Deciding on timing
- Work schedules
- Family schedules
- When is your Timeshare
- High and low season for Aruba
- How are we getting there
- Deciding which airline
- What time do you want to fly out
- Which airport are you flying out of
- Booking early vs booking late
- Layovers and Hurricanes
- Where are we staying