On episode 79 of One Happy Podcast, I am lucky enough to be joined by Canadians Peter and Amal Kasouf, the proprietors of Alfie’s in Aruba. Peter and Amal discovered Aruba thanks to his father who had been a visitor for many years. After visiting Aruba for a few years, the couple decided that maybe it was time for a change. So, after booking an appointment to see a bar that was for sale, there live’s would be forever changed.
If you, like many visitors, don’t visit the downtown area very often, you may not be familiar with Alfie’s. Alfie’s is a new-ish bar in the downtown area that in my opinion is going to be a destination. Alfie’s isn’t the easiest place to find, but once you do turns out to be a real treasure. Known for their juicy burgers and delicious poutine, to me the personalities of the owners is the real star of the show. This is the realization of a dream by two crazy Canucks who relocated and brought a bit of Canada to One Happy Island.
Not only is this episode of One Happy Podcast full of personality, there is also plenty of wisdom. It’s not often you get to sit down and talk to someone who actually made the move from conventional four season life to 365 days of Summer. If you’ve ever thought about purchasing a business and relocating to Aruba, you will want to listen to this latest episode of One Happy Podcast.
On This Episode of One Happy Podcast you will:
- Hear the story of Peter and Amal purchasing a bar in Aruba
- Learn the origin of the name Alfie’s
- Find out why paying bills in Aruba is an all day process
- Get advice about what it takes to make your Aruba relocation dream come true
- Hear what two hard-working restaurateurs do on their one day off
Restaurants and places mentioned this episode:
- Alfie’s in Aruba
- Gold Coast Aruba
Links and Resources Mentioned in this episode of the show:
- One Happy Podcast Facebook Page
- One Happy Podcast Instagram
- One Happy Podcast Twitter