On this “Super-sized” episode of Aruba’s number one podcast, “One Happy Podcast”, I am being joined by my partner in crime Maggie. We will be going over our most recent trip to Aruba which took place from February 25th through March 6th. If you haven’t heard any of these recap episodes before, we basically go over everything we did on our visit. We start from departing our home all the way through boarding the plane to return home.
During this hour-plus long episode of the show, we go over several activities we participated in down on the island. Some of these activities include Aruba Ray’s Comedy at the Marriott Stellaris Hotel and Casino, the brand new Kukoo Kunuku Wine and Tapas tour, watching the Grand Carnival Parade, beach hopping, bar hopping and skydiving. We also talk about the restaurants we visited during the vacation. Among the restaurants we discussed are some of our old favorites like Quinta Del Carmen and Azzurro as well as places we visited for the first time like Legend’s and Aflie’s. All together I think we talk about more than 20 different eateries. I’m not sure how you eat at more than 20 different places in 10 days, especially since we repeated a couple and packed lunches at times.
While ten days is a nice length of time to be in Aruba, for some reason it still was not enough. The need you feel for wanting to get back into your Aruba routine directly clashes with wanting to try new things. For an island that is so darn small, no matter how many times or how often you visit there is always something new to discover. Maybe that’s just one more reason why we all keep coming back.
Maggie and I had a lot of fun on the trip and continued that fun during this podcast episode. We opened a bottle of wine, turned on the microphones and this is what happened. Thank you so much for supporting the show. Also, please excuse my congestion going from Aruba to Baltimore clogged me up for a couple of days so I do sound a bit more nasally than normal.
On This Episode of One Happy Podcast you will:
- Hear about our experience at the Grand Carnival Parade
- Find out about the brand new Kukoo Kunuku “Wine on down the road” wine and tapas tour.
- Listen to me describe what it’s like to jump out of an airplane
- Get our opinions about no less than 20 places around the island to eat
- Find out why getting a rental with a full tank of gas is not all it’s cracked up to be.
Properties and venues mentioned this episode:
- Aruba Ray’s Comedy
- The Aruba Hilton
- The Playa Linda Resort
- The Aruba Ritz Carlton
- The Marriott Stellaris Hotel and Casino
- Skydive Aruba
- The Renaissance Aruba Resort
Restaurants mentioned this episode:
- 14 Bis
- Alfie’s in Aruba
- Amore Mio
- Azzurro Ristorante Italiano
- Azia Restaurant and Lounge
- Chalet Suisse
- Eagle Beach Food Truck
- Eduardo’s Beach Shack Aruba
- Fermin’s Bbq
- Hostaria da Vittorio
- Legend’s Pub
- The Local Store
- L.G. Smith Steakhouse
- Mega Burger
- Pelican’s Nest Aruba
- Quinta del Carmen
- Screaming Eagle
- Sunday BBQ New Wei Tei Aruba
- The Restaurant at Tierra del Sol
- Urataka Center
Links and Resources Mentioned in this episode of the show:
- One Happy Podcast Facebook Page
- One Happy Podcast Instagram
- One Happy Podcast Twitter