One Happy Podcast Episode 63 features a couple of repeat guests Debbie Mitchell and Patrick Mallison. They were guests on the podcast about 9 months ago on episode 34 – Creating Fortuna Villas with Debbie and Patrick. You may remember from that episode that Patrick and Debbie visited for the first time and purchased a home on the same trip. Then the next trip was a 9 week project to completely transform that home into an incredible rental property. Well now that all of the work has been completed and the rental is flourishing, Debbie and Patrick were able to actually enjoy a visit to Aruba.
This episode of One Happy Podcast is all about what Patrick and Debbie did once they touched down with a goal of just getting to know the island. Over the course of this 45 minute episode we talk about some of the activities and restaurants they enjoyed. We also discuss the Savaneta area where their home is located and why it could be the ideal place to stay on your next trip to the island. I actually learned a lot about the area surrounding Fortuna Villas Aruba and do plan on considering their home for a future vacation.
So many visitors to the island are funneled towards the Palm and Eagle Beach areas, understandably so, but there is so much more to Aruba. Savaneta is one of those areas that doesn’t really come to mind when thinking of a rental. However, that should not be the case. While the Savaneta area is a completely different vibe than the main tourist area, it is equally wonderful. Not only is it a fantastic area to experience total relaxation but the location on the island makes it an ideal base of operations for exploration of Aruba. So if you are looking for a different Aruba experience try Savaneta and Fortuna Villas Aruba.
On This Episode of One Happy Podcast you will:
- What Savaneta Beach is like (it’s only a 90 second commute from Fortuna Villas)
- Hear about an area of the island you may not have considered staying before
- Find out what the local Savaneta grocery stores and bakeries are like
- Listen to a description of the snorkeling at Mangel Halto
- Hear Patrick’s adventures on the North Shore of the island
- How Patrick’s 80 year old father enjoyed his first visit to Aruba
- FInd out how Debbie and Patrick found their home on Aruba
- Be introduced to the next building phase of Fortuna Villas
Excursions and Restaurants Mentioned this episode:
- Chris’s restaurant and Take Away
- House of Cakes Aruba
- La Granja Aruba
- Marina Pirata
- The Flying Fishbone
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- Fortuna Villas Aruba
- Full facemask snorkels
- One Happy Podcast
- One Happy Podcast Facebook Page
- Shop One Happy Podcast