Liliana Gracia joins me on episode 58 of One Happy Podcast. Many of you already know Liliana from her work at the Renaissance where she specialized in making visitors happy. During her 23 years at the Renn, Liliana met thousands of Aruba visitors in the numerous roles she filled. Having worked everywhere from the reservations department to the front desk to her eventual position of timeshare coordinator at the Ocean Suites, it’s safe to say Liliana is well versed at making people happy.
Over the course of our 40-minute conversation, Liliana takes us on a journey from her beginnings at the Sonesta all the way to the present with Lock N Roll. She also shares what it’s like to be partially responsible for so many visitors vacation experiences and what that meant to her. Along this journey, Liliana has met so many Aruba vacationers that she thinks of as family.
So often we talk about how the people of Aruba are the real reason we continue to return year after year. Well, this is an interview with one of those people, an interview that shows how it works both ways. Not only are the people of Aruba incredible but those of us who have decided to call it our second home are pretty special as well.
On This Episode of One Happy Podcast you will:
- Hear from someone who has worked in the Aruba tourism industry for 20+ years
- Find out about a new service where vacationers can store their goods between trips
- Learn what a Patacone is and where to get one
- Find out about Liliana’s favorite restaurant in Aruba
- Learn about the special connection those who work in the tourism industry feel towards visitors
- Hear about some other services Lock N Roll may be offering in the future
Lock N Roll Timeshare Storage
So if you are listening to this podcast you are likely a repeat visitor or soon to be, repeat visitor to the island of Aruba. If this is the case did you know you can leave some of your items on the island safe and secure for your next trip? That’s where Lock N Roll Timeshare Storage comes in. For a relatively small fee, they will pick up your items, store your items and then deliver them to you upon your return.
Visit their Facebook page to learn more about this service. For an example of some of the things you can store, there are examples below:
Lock N Roll Do’s and Don’ts
DO : Clothing, Bedding, Pots & Pans, Small Appliances, Electronics, Crock Pot, Blender, Canned Goods, Laundry Detergent, Board Games, Personal Hygiene items: Razors,
Q-TIPS, Soaps, Shampoo, Sunblock, Towels,
Bathing Suits, Snorkel Gear, household decorations and Holiday items, and more
DON’T : No perishable food items – Canned Goods are OK. No Alcohol, Propane Tanks, Air Tanks, Firearms and or Weapons, Explosives or Combustibles No Drugs this includes prescriptions. We don’t recommend storing your personal computers, mobile devices, NO wet items.
Other Lock N Roll Timeshare Storage vitals:
- Bins are purchased from Lock N Roll
- Standard bin sizes are 30 gallons
- Larger items can also be stored
- Yearly fee is 75 dollars (at time of recording 7/2016)
- Yearly fee includes 1 drop-off and pick-up
- Additional pickups can also be arranged for a small fee
Restaurants Mentioned this episode:
- Eetcafe The Paddock Aruba
- Tia Rosa Snack
- Matthew’s Beachside Restaurant
- Moomba Beach Bar and Grill
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- Lock N Roll Timeshare Storage
- One Happy Podcast
- One Happy Podcast Facebook Page
- Shop One Happy Podcast