Joining me today on One Happy Podcast is a relative newbie to Aruba, David Cohen. However despite having only been to the island a handful of times David is so far ahead of most visitors in one aspect. They not only decided that Aruba was the place they would like to eventually retire to, David and Brenda actually purchased a home there.
After having first visited the island on their engagement cruise, David and Brenda would return to the island to be married (which is a story in itself). The next time, Aruba whispered in their ear to buy a timeshare, and they did, at the Playa Linda. Shortly thereafter Aruba made another suggestion, why don’t you buy a home here, and they did. I guess it’s one of those things where when it feels right there is no use deliberating, you just make it happen, which is exactly what they did.
On this episode of the show we start out hearing about the process of getting married on the island. Also David fills me in on how someone manages to go from first time visitor to purchasing a home in Aruba in three short years. David tells the story of how they knew which of the nine houses they viewed was the right one. He also gives a little advice that may be helpful to anyone who is thinking about purchasing real estate on the island. We also talk about the activities David and Brenda enjoy while on island and it wouldn’t be a show without discussing which restaurants make the list.
On this episode of One Happy Podcast you will hear about:
- A long time goal of David’s that led to them owning a home in Aruba
- How Brenda left absolutely no doubt in the minds of David and the agents when she found the house she wanted
- The right way to choose a wedding planner
- A fantastic reason to choose the Divi and not the Riu for your wedding venue
- Great examples of when you become friends with an Arubian you are friends for life
- A secret spot that you may want to seek out on your next visit to Aruba
Properties and Restaurants mentioned on this episode of the show:
Links and Other Resources mentioned this episode: