Joining me today on One Happy Podcast is a repeat guest, Marie Geerman. You may remember Marie from episode 15, “Rescuing Dogs with Marie Geerman”. In that episode Marie took us on a journey to her Aruba. Marie took us all the way from her first exposure to Aruba, through taking on the task of feeding Aruba’s homeless animals, all the way to her present day work of trying to completely eliminate the stray animal problem in Aruba by educating and informing Arubans on the benefits of responsible ownership.
I asked Marie to come back onto One Happy Podcast to not only check up on the status of her spay and neuter campaign but to also learn more about Aruba Flight Volunteers. Aruba Flight Volunteers is a Facebook page that was started to better organize the animal transportation efforts from Aruba to the United States.
For a while now I have been aware of the generosity many tourists show in helping getting adopted dogs and cats from their birthplace of Aruba to their “fur-ever” homes back in the states, but like many of you I was completely ignorant of the process. This lack of information really struck home on this last trip to Aruba when I made my first trip to the Aruba Animal Shelter. Visiting those puppies and kittens really makes you want to help and although we did make a donation we wanted to do more. Maggie came up with the idea of possibly transporting a puppy home. The only problem is we had absolutely no idea how to go about setting something like this up.
When I arrived back home I promised that I would find out more about the transportation process and figured what better place to turn for that information than Aruba Flight Volunteers. That I when I got in contact with Marie to set up another interview. It is my hope that this newest interview with Marie answers not only my own questions about animal transportation but also the questions of so many others that have the inclination but not the information to help save a life.
While I hope every episode of One Happy Podcast is informative, this one goes the extra mile to provide focused insight into the topic of Aruba Animal Transportation. My hopes are that it can be used as a primer for those curious about transporting in the future. Both Marie and I realize there are questions that weren’t answered in the podcast and can’t be answered in this format due to everyone have different circumstances but it’s a start. Your next step next step should be to go to the Aruba Flight Volunteer’s page and like it on Facebook; there you will be able to find even more information about transporting.
On This Episode of One Happy Podcast You Will Learn:
- Which airlines allow transportation of animals
- How much notice you should give prior to your trip to Aruba
- The Status of the Aruba Spay and Neuter campaign we talked about in episode 15
- How early you need to arrive at the airport on the day you are departing
- That it costs you nothing but time to transport an animal
- About the failsafe’s Aruba Flight Volunteers has in place to make sure your transportation experience is perfectly executed
Links and Resources Mentioned This Episode:
- Aruba Flight Volunteers Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/Aruba-Flight-Volunteers-1097076896972730/
- Marie Geerman’s Facebook Profile https://www.facebook.com/marie.geerman
- Aruba Flight Volunteers Amazon wish list https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/ls/ref=aw_ls?lid=16LMRR1PKZQKE
- Marie Geerman’s first episode http://onehappypodcast.com/ep15/
- One Happy Podcast Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/onehappypodcast