Joining me today on episode 15 of “One Happy Podcast – the Officially Unofficial Podcast of the Island of Aruba” is longtime Aruba-phile Marie Geerman. Marie has been traveling to Aruba for nearly 30 years and even lived there for about a decade. Being that Marie is married to an Aruban and has an Aruban born son saying she has a special connection to the island would be a gross understatement.
Marie’s connection actually goes much further than the people who are important to her, the animals of Aruba also occupy a very large space in her heart. When visiting Aruba it’s hard to not notice the stray dogs roaming the streets eeking out an existence. When Marie made the move to Aruba she did more than just notice these animals… alot more.
Through the course of this episode you will hear all about Marie’s connection and dedication to those animals. A dedication that started in the early 90’s and continues to this very day. Now this isn’t your typical episode of One Happy Podcast. While I hope every episode touches you in some way, none of them will touch you quite like this episode.
Want to help the animals of Aruba but don’t know how?
Here are 5 ways:
- Want to help? Going to Aruba? Contact one of these organizations and ask what then need? Treats, Collars, travel bags new or used, Flea and tick medicine they always need these things.
- Let them know you’re coming to Aruba and see if you can transport for them it’s very easy there is No expense you just need to love animals and want to help and have a free hand to carry your pup on the plane. The adoptive family will be waiting for you once you arrive. It is all planned for you
- Donate a little or if you can a lot it all counts it goes to the medical care of these poor stray animals that are desperate for our help.
- Share this info with friends and family and ask them to Share as well the more people know the more people help!
- Add Marie as a friend on Facebook she can keep you in the loop and guide you with any questions or help you find a perfect rescue that you may want to Adopt! The ultimate Souvenir!
Links and Resources for those interested in Aruba Animal Rescue: